Sunday, April 29, 2012

my 1st round trip

I've included the charging sequence in the 2nd day. When we arrived at home, I opened the hatch, removed the charging cable, opened the outlet cover and easily connected both. The hook and loop wanted to stick to my clothing, that was the only downside to that operation.

When it was time to leave for work, I remembered that unlocking the door was required, just after Lee disconnected the car. Fortunately, I was fast and the alarm sound was very brief. The next door neighbor was very interested and seemed really impressed with the appearance and the silence of the car. That day, the battery powered the car for the trip to work. I didn't require air conditioning or ancillary service, radio only.

It was a after work activity so it switched to gasoline to power the gen 1 mile after leaving work. 42 miles. I didn't notice any change in noise level, or power. The engine continued in the same responsive way that I had earlier in the morning and the night before.  When I arrived at chorus, everyone wanted to see everything. Mileage still appeared very high, especially next to my friends with the Toy Pr...She seemed green with envy.  Back seat seating is a little more airplane like, than mid size cars, but was more comfortable than the other compacts.

I arrived at home about 11p. It took about 2 min to set up for charging.

No comments:

Post a Comment