Sunday, April 29, 2012

Work, home, dentist, meeting

It still takes about 2 min to manage the disconnect. The hook and loop still wants to stick to itself, to me, to the hatch until properly stowed. Mileage average is now about 67mpg as a combination of battery and gasoline. It went back up during the drive into work, but switched to gas at 35 miles and continued gas on the way home.  I quickly calculated that the process of charging was not going to yield enough inexpensive miles to be worth the effort of cable management, so I went to the the dentist and meeting without additional battery charge.  At that point it struck me that spontaneity is its weak point. If the charging cycle is in process, it takes approx 2 min to disconnect before you can run up to the store and have to reconnect to have the charge for the next potential activity.

 The meeting was in Tampa, just after rush hour. I was pleasantly surprised at how efficient it remained in traffic.  I took one person home. She commented, as Lee had, how comfortable the car was, how quiet the operation was and how easily she could see when I changed lanes or backed out of the driveway. The mileage was back down to 65.

Again, home late, incomplete charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment